The Freedom Of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 “the Act” requires Scottish public authorities (including dental practices offering NHS care) to adopt, produce and maintain a publication scheme which has the approval of the Scottish Information Commissioner, and publish information in accordance with that scheme. We are therefore under a legal obligation to:
- Publish the classes of information that the authority makes routinely available.
- Tell the public how to access the information and whether information is available free of charge or on payment NHS National Services Scotland has adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2017 which has been produced and approved by the Scottish Information Commissioner. You can see this scheme on our website at
- Allow the public to see what information is available (and what is not available) for NHS National Services Scotland in relation to each class in the Model Publication Scheme 2017
- State what charges may be applied
- Explain how to find the information easily
- Provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with access to the information
- Explain how to request information that has not been published. Alongside the Act, the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (the EIRs) provide a separate right of access to the environmental information that we hold. This guide to information also contains details of the environmental information that we routinely make available.